Ōra King Salmon with
Yuzu and Fresh Turmeric
By Chef Jason Roberts
- 180gm Ōra King salmon (skin and bone removed)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Grated zest of half an orange
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Yuzu juice or fresh lime juice if Yuzu not available
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- Half teaspoon cracked white peppercorns
- 1/3 inch of fresh turmeric (use ginger if turmeric not available)
- 1/2 teaspoon Shichimi Togarashi (Japanese 7 spice) if unavailable then use a little dried chilli powder
- Brush desired serving plate with sesame oil.
- Zest the orange over the sesame oil, sprinkle over half the black sesame seeds.
- Thinly slice the salmon and arrange over the plate.
- Mix together the Yuzu juice and soy sauce.
- Nap the salmon with the sauce followed by a sprinkling of the white pepper and the finely grated fresh turmeric.
- Finish with a sprinkling of Shichimi Togarashi and the remaining black sesame seeds.